Rosebank


I spent some family time at the Rosebank Mall this Mothers day. The mall is situated in the city of Sandton, which is a city adjacent to the city of Johannesburg in South Africa. Sandton is considered the financial or business hub of South Africa. We had a good lunch and watched some outdoor entertainers who appeared to be from West Africa. My daughters were completely enthralled which made the visit worthwhile. They performed a routine of slapstick comedy, juggling, fire eating and balancing. All worthy traits if one wants childrens attention.

The mall also has a small african curio section with african crafts from most of Sub-Saharan Africa. It was an interesting visit and walking with my camera, I undoubtedly drew much more attention and invitations to visit the various stalls than I would otherwise have got. I suppose I looked like a tourists. It did not help that I took a few photos in the craft centre.

Speaking of tourists, on my last visit to the Mall, about 3 weeks ago, I saw the latest Academy Award winner for Best Actor , Forest Whittaker, strolling through the mall with who appeared to be a bodyguard. He looks alot thinner and smaller in real life. I have not seen the "Last King of Scotland" yet, but I have seen some some of Forest Whittaker's other film so I have no doubt his performance in the "Last King..." was a tour de force.

Comments

Popular Posts