The Resolution

I shall not live in fear. I will not allow being thought of less, to stop me from saying what needs to be said. I will not let what the future holds for me; dictate the person I want to be today. I will not pass on my fears to my children and have them be afraid of life. I will not fear tomorrow, the unknown, the unseen, the unheard because they have a better chance of being good as they do bad.

I will embrace life in all it’s glory and darkness, because the darkness allows me to rest my eyes and live with my heart and soul. I will encourage my children to paint using the dining table as a art table, and to jump on the bed and couches, not only because they are young once but because it lets people who enter our home know that we live here.

I will encourage them to fall in love as often as possible, because like all things in life, practice makes perfect. I will learn to fly not simply because I am afraid of heights but also because the clouds is where I belong. I will learn to play a musical instrument not merely because I am afraid of exposing my soul; but because music is the the language of God. I will learn a foreign language and converse with new people not merely because I am introverted but because it provides me with a whole new vocabulary of swear words and I will take up photography with a passion so I never have to fear forgetting.

I will not live in fear.

Comments

Popular Posts